Wednesday 15 June 2011

3D Animation

This is my finished animation, I decided to use my previous model in this animation as it is one of my best models that i have made so far. I started off by making the houses, i used a box and turned it into an editable mesh, i then duplicated the box and made it smaller to about the size of a door, i used a tool called pro boolean, which cuts a whole in an object, this is a good tool because normally if you deleted the polygon it would have a whole all the way through the model and this would not look good. After i had made the door I made several more "Booleans" for the windows, I then made a pyramid and molded it to the shape of the roof. After i had finished the basic shapes of the house I made a garage using the same techniques used before, i then added textures for the windows and doors, and made several duplicates for the houses on the estate. After that i made two boxes in the shape of a rectangle, this was to be the stands for the "Toll Booth". I then made another slimmer but longer rectangle for the roof, also i made a box in the middle of the road for the actual booth, I added a glass material to the top so it was see-through, and finally made two more rectangles for the barriers that raise up and down. Once i had made all the buildings and the scene was set up i started animating it. The animation is my tank driving through a "Toll Booth"; hitting a dead end,and then turning around in the road to drive back out of the estate. I think that my animation went well because it was quite easy to make the scene but I had some problems with animating it. The problems i faced were that i had lots of different ideas of animations that didn't work out. The first idea was to have a camera zoomed in onto a baseball bat in a practice cage, there would then be a baseball that fired out of the machine and the baseball bat would then hit the ball out of the cage. This idea didn't work because i had problems animating the acutal bat and the camera wasn't working. My second idea was to have my Tank driving down a foggy road and shooting at a building, the building would then explode and the Tank would carry on driving on. This idea didn't work because the exploding part went wrong and the building didn't crumble but instead fell off of the scene. So my last idea was the current finished animation of the Tank driving through the estate.I think that my animation went well because even though i faced many problems and had to change my idea twice, my animation still turned out how I wanted it to. If I could make my animation again I would add more frames so it didn't run so fast, also i would add more parts to the animation like research how to make glass smash, and have it driving through a building window.

No comments:

Post a Comment