Thursday 14 October 2010




This is my truck that I made using 3D Max. To make the truck I started off with a box and then I converted it into an editable mesh. I then messed around with the polygons, edges, and vertex's to make my truck. To make the bonnet I edited the edges and pulled them down and out, I also used the "Extrude" tool to make the bonnet longer and I also edited the vertex's to change the shape of different parts of the bonnet. To make the roof I selected multiple edges and used the "Extrude" tool to drag the roof up. To make the lights on the bonnet I made a box and moved and rotated it into place to make the shape, I then dragged it into place on the front of the car and then I copied and pasted it to make a second light. For the wheels I simply made a cylinder and edited the size, and then I extruded the middle part of the wheel inwards and then I copied and pasted it three more times to make the other wheels. Lastly for the spoiler I made a box and turned it into an editable mesh, I then pulled the back part up to make it look like a spoiler. Overall I think that I did well with my car and I found it quite easy to make it, however I found some parts hard because when I made the bonnet it was hard because I couldn't mold the shape very well because it was quite complicated.

This is a professional example of a 3D car. It is extremely detailed and looks very realistic, The person who has made this is very good at making models and has probably had much more experience with 3D Max. Compared to my car this car is much better because it looks realistic and is very detailed, and mine isn't very detailed or realistic because i haven't had much time using 3D Max

No comments:

Post a Comment