Thursday 30 September 2010

My Building


This is my building that I made using 3D Max. To make this building, first we made a paper drawn plan and then we had to try and make our design using 3D Max. To make this building I used simple primitives such as : Spheres, Boxes, Cylinders and Teapots. To make the blue building with the roof I used a box and then I edited it by adding a mesh to it, then I grabbed one of the vertex's and pulled it up which made the spike in the roof. To make the battlements I made a cylinder and then also edited it by adding a mesh and then I selected some of the polygons. I then used a tool called "Extrude" which dragged the selected polygons up which made it look like the top part of the Battlements. Also to make the cube sit in the house I simply rotated it and placed it into the house.

This is a professional example of a building made by using 3D Max. This is much better than my building as it looks more realistic and the design of the building is excellent, but this is a professional example and so the person who has made this building probably has had much more experience in using this program. In my opinion this building is very good because it looks realistic and has been made by a professional. 


No comments:

Post a Comment